How to change Windows Product Key
Most of them will try to change windows product key after installing the windows operating system, if you brought the new key for upgrading purpose or if you wan to upgrade your Windows operating system from the trial version to the Genuine version you will try to change windows product key. Windows Product key can be changed simply with the help of a single command which was given below. Just follow the instructions given below and change the windows product key.
- Launch the start Menu and type the cmd in the search bar.
- Then you can see the cmd in the search result, then right click on the cmd and select Runas Administrator
- Then the command prompt will open with the elevated privileges (Administrator Privileges).
- In cmd type the following command
[box title=”Type this Command in CMD”]slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX[/box]
- After changing the windows key you need to enter another command to activate the windows.
[box title=”Type this Command in CMD”]slmgr.vbs -ato[/box]
This is done with the help of the command prompt, if you want to change the windows key with the help of the GUI then you need ot enter this command “slui.exe 3” after enter this command in the Run Dialog box a windows will open there you can change windows product key.
This Settings applies to Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, WIndows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2