In Windows 8.1 the Start Button is available but we do have to right click to access the Power options such as Shutdown, Restart, Sleep etc. So If we want to enable Hibernation option we do need to do some settings in order to use it. By default the Hibernation option is disabled so we need to enable the hibernation in windows 8.1 to use the feature in the laptops and even in the desktops so that we can take advantage of that hibernation option to do the power savings. So if you want to enable hibernation in windows 8.1 do as follows.
- Goto Run or Press Windows Key + R and type powercfg.cpl and hit Enter.
- In the Power Options ,You can choose what the power options will do in the side menu.
- Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and check Hibernate.
- After Selecting the Hibernate option Click Save changes.
You can also enable/disable other power options in this settings menu so that it will make us to easily hibernate our laptop or the PC easily in Windows 8.1. This also applicable to Windows 8 and Windows 7